Access control glitch

@directors @systems

Be advised, there was a brief period tonight around midnight during which the access control (shutter and door) was not working. We in the space were aware of it for the last twenty minutes or half an hour of it. Joe (Atkin) had a look and it was apparently network-related.

Discourse seemed to be down coincidentally and, later, when Discourse resumed operation, the clock icon was missing from the top of the pages. I do not know whether this signified database issues which prevented the system from working.

it seems to be working now discourse is functioning again

It’s still a bit wobbly - The clock has disappeared and the calendar icon has shrunk.

@tomnewsom see Dale’s post

Note: Discourse was updated last night, so these glitches are likely related to that.

1 Like

thanks for letting us know, i’ll take a look. J.

Note that Discourse was updated last night by @tomnewsom

Yeah, sorry for the bugs - it was past midnight by the time everything was back up again so I had no time to bugfix. Am getting on it now!

1 Like

Ok, clock button back in action, and the calendar now links directly to the google calendar

1 Like

If discourse is down it could be causeing control-node or membership-system to crash which would both cause the doorbot and shutterbot to stop working.

1 Like