Abandoned bikes out front - claim it or lose it by 17/11/19

Cyclists – our toastrack bike stand is clogged up with what looks like abandoned bikes, plus a mudguard and a couple of wheels…

We’d like to free up space for cycling members and visitors – we really need to stop bringing bikes into the workshops (unless being worked on), but recently it’s been hard to find a space to park outside

Please claim your bike this week! We’ll be at it with the angle grinder on Sunday 17th November

The good news is all the rubbish that was blocking the stand is now cleared, so access is good

1 Like

Thanks for clearing the access way, it did not spark joy on thursday night in the rain.
Great to see these abandonments being removed also :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, good call, a bunch of those bikes haven’t moved in forever!

Great news!

Th black road bike with white saddle was worked on today and will be finished when I get back from Germany - next week after Tuesday. Please do not grind it. Apologies for it being there for a few months.

1 Like

This counts as claiming it!

+the frame and 2 wheels that are locked with the bike. same applies, gonna be gone when I get back.

Have you guys had any issues with the bikes locked outside? London can be a very scary place when it comes to bikes being stolen and I don’t want to lose mine (I am very reluctant to leave it locked outside - there are some very clerever thieves operating in some areas, personal experience).

Could we add some hooks inside the space so the bikes are not in the way (hanging on a wall/from ceiling) or maybe think of a bike “shed” instead of the simple stand?

(Or I just need to get something less conspicuous?)

2 Likes

we could turn it onto a cage?

More abandoned bikes!!! IN and out of the space, please take them home if you want them…

Been here for ages and hasn’t moved:

Now temporarily in the snug instead of blocking the sewing area:

Thanks!

Grey one was in the ‘please tale it pile’, someone was planning to take it…

looks like the same stuff - just shuffled around

1 Like