A friend wants to see the space

Hello, @directors

Can I bring a friend over next week to show him around a bit?

Vale

Not a director but Id think you don’t have to ask to bring a friend.

1 Like

I’m not a director.

Yes you can.

Just you know, you’re responsible for them and you should be with them. I personally can’t stand it when strays get let in and they try to come and go as they please etc. Doesn’t happen often… But has happened and its not cool.

Oh snap. Petra :smiley:

1 Like

:grinning::grinning:

Nah, I just want to show him around on that day, to see if he wants to apply for membership :slight_smile:

Thanks

2 Likes

Actually there is a recent policy that states you can do that, as long as you also run an open evening session in one of the next 4 upcoming Wednesdays… :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, this totally cool. No need to ask permission, but sympathise with @electronoob :slight_smile:

@soulnafein whilst this isnt real policy, it doesn’t sound a bad trade :wink:

1 Like

Eheheh, I’ve done a fair amount of open evenings and other forms of support to the space, but came to the conclusion that nobody really appreciate and all the upgrades and cleaning in the metal area quickly turned into a mess again, so I’ve decided to take it easy helping out the space, and rather focus on few personal projects for now.

But yes, good trade idea :slight_smile:

Yes, it can be frustrating

However: there’s very few users of the metalwork area, so it should be easy to find and educate them. Also a ‘clear bench policy’ would help there too

If you were a director, would everyone have to do you favours?

1 Like

Not yet!

+1 for dipetra

There’s an ongoing issue of

a) not supporting people to do positive stuff (carrot)
b) being too slow at pulling people up on being lazy and selfish and leaving their crap everywhere or not using the bins properly or not using the right area of the space to work on their project (stick)

With no clear strategy to address this, individuals that do naturally want to contribute positively, inevitably feel like they’re individual input is unappreciated and unnoticed and they end up withdrawing their help and or eventually leaving. It’s not a new problem, so you’re not alone in feeling this way.

Members that don’t mind the mess, don’t mind and stay. It’s a messy member negative feedback loop

What you say is true, but I already knew it when I came the very first day, decided to give it a try and give it a better standard, and it worked, but if you don’t constantly look after it like a puppy, the chaos comes back quicker than you think, just like a puppy, can poo without notice and you have to be there to clean it right away. Things are what they are at the space, so is best to take it as it comes, is a unique place, and probably not the easiest to manage.

My question was answered, no point discussing issues here :slight_smile:

thanks @petra.