4th June Textiles night - everyone welcome

It’s our (not-always!) monthly Textiles night! Everyone welcome - including non-members.

Open night for the Textiles room - 4th June, 6:30 until 9 pm. Come along to find out more about the equipment we have.

• Never used a sewing machine? Find out how!
  • What’s an overlocker? Have sewing fun with extra cutting-y-ness!
  • Embroidery you say? We have a machine for that!

Already know how to sew? - Come along for sewing related chat, telly and perhaps a biscuit or 5! Come show off your latest project or talk through your future plans.

Open to everyone including non-members. I’ll give demos and practical sessions as a drop-in through the evening so first come, first serve!

9 Likes

Finally a Textile Night i can make - woop!

2 Likes

I’m away unfortunately, hope to make the next one though!

1 Like

would love to try!

I’ll try to come and say hi!

1 Like

That would be lovely!

1 Like

I had some real struggles with the Heavy Duty Singer. It was working fine and then I think the tension got off? Or something. 90 minutes of being baffled until I gave up and switched to one of the Wimsews which was perfectly well behaved.

Despite all that I made this today.

I am going to try to make tonight but it’s 50/50.

3 Likes

Wow - that looks amazing! Is that a sort-of peep through collar?

Looks great - I’ll have a look at the HD Singer later

I don’t know the proper name for it, it’s going to be a little patch that you open to put the garment on.

I ran out of time to finish it today, because of the Singer. A pal did point out that perhaps because the fabric I was using was so lightweight that’s what was throwing the singer off?

Apologies - I’m running about 15 minutes late - but will see you in a bit!!

I’m jumping on the tube shortly - see you all soon

Hey Martyn. Did you manage to work out what I was doing wrong?

No, the Bobbin wasn’t catching. I didn’t have time to have a proper look. Will look when i’m down on Friday

1 Like