3D printer filament spool holder that's largely not 3D printed

I’m building the Prusa Lack enclosure for my 3D printer but decided that quite frankly, I don’t want to use up two days and a spool of filament to print some spool holders. Yeah, they’re pretty, but I also have some wood laying around and my landlord left a length of copper pipe in the flat after replacing the boiler, so why not use that instead? Here, the printed parts are used to cradle the length of pipe that actually holds the spools. I’ll post STLs in this thread if anyone wants them, the non-printed plans are pretty self-explanatory.

3 Likes

Very nice!

As a owner of the lack enclosure be aware that if you print with mostly PLA, you will get better results with the printer when it’s not in the enclosure. Also, be sure to mount the power supply outside of the unit for longevity of the power supply. As an enclosure goes, it’s fantastic. :+1:

Yep, mounted the PSU outside - can’t have those electrolytic caps cooking. I’m actually gonna run this mostly with PETG but for printing PLA I can just lift the top up to get the requisite air flow (might get a bit trickier once I get the MMU in place but I’ll burn that bridge when I come to it

1 Like

Looks good, I would love to hear your experiences with the MMU once you get it up and running… soluble Supports would be super convenient.