3D printer donation?

I have Anycubic Photon Original to give away- it was working last time when used, but been sitting redundant for some time
now. I have lost the original usb stick and bed leveling allen key when I was moving home- but if you want to try to replace those things- you can have it. Collection would be from SW4.

These are just my thoughts having taken part within the Mozilla community where we collectively acted as a hub and shared stuff from training to tools and resources that empowered small communities to grow and expand.

It might be worth considering having a formal policy and a form on the website for requests made by either other hack/maker spaces for help with equipment and/or requests by our members who might like to nominate a community space that could do with one of our spare tools.

Few reasons spring to mind:

1. We clearly serve a wider community than just our own already, so just make this clear, transparent and critically measurable, so we can see how a donation has impacted another community.

2. We get offered so much stuff, some we have to turn away as it is not as current as we ourselves already have but what we cant use could be the start of a new learning tool at another space.

3. Future funding requests such as match funding, point 1 and 2 will help in bid writing.

I know it looks quite similar but we have made the full unit from unistrut. This can be bolted down to the floor and to the back wall to make it super sturdy.

The plan is filament storage/dry cabinet on the lower right with two shelves above for machines (3-6 printers size/access ability depending) and the larger space on the left for the qidi or other large format printer. (A Prusa XL might fit nicely.)

We made it all out of uni strut so it’s nice a re-configurable for later. please give us practical feedback from using it and we can adjust accordingly.

Thanks to @Pippa_warren and @davidN for all the help putting it together.

10 Likes

Nice work everyone! Cheers!

I will hopefully be by this evening to give you a hand. Do you have an idea of when you will be down?

1 Like

Should be there around 7pm. Earlier depending on traffic.

Car is very full of 3d printer gear! We had way more filament than I thought! Only thing I couldn’t find was the SL1 SPEED upgrade kit. I’m sure it’s there somewhere but couldn’t find it.

6 Likes

Happy we re-did the unit!

2 Likes

Traffic has been pretty awful unfortunately so will be there about 20 past according to sat nav

@scday94 great to meet you and thanks to you and @davidN for your help unloading the car!

I’ll try and find the SL1 SPEED upgrade. And let me know if any missing parts or anything :pray:

1 Like

Amazing! Thank you @shawaj!

1 Like

Thank you! Managed to fill all the shelf space we could muster.

5 Likes

Very cool! Thank you very much @shawaj!

1 Like

:dog:

5 Likes

Hahaha very good spot. Both doggos in there but they weren’t part of the offer I’m afraid :rofl:

9 Likes