1 month to go

Who’s going to EMF?

Are we doing a village again?

@members EMF is not far off and while a number of members are going I’ve heard nothing from folks wanting to do a Makerspace village, I am giving it one last try.

I’m coming down and up for helping :slight_smile:

Yes, let’s have a Markerspace village. What needs to be done? I can help set things up.

Not sure. It could just be a village of tents like before.

I’ve had a look. Shall I register us as a village? We can have a SLMS flag, and just have tents. Could set up a

Also, has anyone got space for me to travel with them to the festival?

Yes, register us!

@unknowndomain did we order a new banner in the end? I can’t remember…

Nope. I didn’t have time and we ran out of money in the GLA budget anyway.

No problem…

So…folks we need something to mark our village.

We could possibly bring the big ply sign with us, but I’m sure we can do better than that?

Last time, y’all (2nd person plural pronoun is a good thing) borrowed my gazebo for EMF. Y’all’re (steady on) welcome to do so again. The vinyl banner can go along the top nicely with some bungee cords to stretch it out.

1 Like

That sounds like a good plan.

Which part of the map should we base ourselves? Or does it not really matter?

There’ll be walking time to the toilets/showers to consider, and distance to the main tents…

Not sure what else makes a difference.

IIRC last time we booked a place but there was a SNAFU and we didn’t get it?

Basically, it’s less booking more map of where to find you.

Yeah, so others ignored that I guess?

Yeah, EMF is very ad-hoc.

10 days to go! Anyone know if it’s possible to book in to do workshops yet? I can’t find the info anywhere but last year I remember leaving it too late to do some of the stuff I wanted :slight_smile:

Nope and similarly they didn’t say how to get involved in volunteering.

Think they are delayed.

1 Like

Workshops are first-come first served this year. We’re looking to avoid the issue from last year where we favoured people who were awake late at night when they were first announced. We’re hoping this will be easier for workshop organisers too.

Volunteering will also be organised through a different system to last year, and will be going live this week, so there’s plenty of time to sign up the best shifts before the event :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Mark!