0.6mm MIG welding

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa498ca5c08>

Hey everyone @metaltechs (guessing?),

I’m rather curious about WAAM metal 3d printing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3nNlVcoba8).

I’ve seen many people working on DIY versions with MIG or TIG welding and am curious to learn a little bit about the complexity of it by manually doing some weld stacking to create a vertical wall to understand the challenges into that and was thinking of doing it with some 0.6mm wire (to reduce potentially heat build up and get slightly better control of the size of the bead.

So the question here is do we have any 0.6mm welding wire in the arch? And would someone be happy to help me switch it over in case? (I’ve done it on a smaller welding machine, not the one in the space)

Other question, I’ve seen these guys doing submerged welding. Anyone’s got much knowledge about this?

Cheers!

@metaltechs, any input ?

I’m guessing I can try with a 0.8mm wire initially but just curious in case we have thinner one :slight_smile:

Im with you, but I have no idea. Kyle should know.

1 Like

So we’ve checked and no we don’t have any extra spools, but you can bring your own and I can help you switching it.

Alright thanks for checking Roman!
Will probably do some trials with the 0.8mm out of simplicity in the first place! Thanks!