Reminder: Waste Collection

@members a quick reminder, there are red (recycling) and black (landfill) bags:

Please familiarise yourselves with this:

Where are the black ones? I recall a load were bought, all we could see on Wednesday was red ones.

In the First Mile box out the back where they always were. The problem is that there are several bins, which I didn’t have time to sort out which now have waste in recycling.

To help this situation, I have emptied and cleaned (hosed) the general waste bins. I’ve put three empty black bags in the bottom of each, and put the bags in over these as normal.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Thanks, was going to do it but had enough by the time I saw when I was leaving.

Would the kitchen be a good place to keep the bags? Under the sink is the intuitive place to look for such things…

What? Don’t be silly! Under the kitchen is the obvious place for electronic component and dangerous resin product… Not For same stupid bags!!
Hahahahhahaha

3 Likes

Ha this is why it wasn’t kept in the kitchen was because the kitchen was until a few weeks ago when Pete put in the shelves and Helene and others cleared it out and varnished it, a building site.

I moved them all there last night.

They are.

Plus I put some black bags in each bin.

We don’t really have a problem here. We have members trying to help, and innocently putting the wrong color bag in the bin coz they don’t know better.

We should make it easier for newbies to know without the mystery. Some how…

A How To sign on each bin saying where the bags are and when to take them out.

Also, what can be recycled!
(plastic bags and crisp packets = no)

1 Like

Thank you!!! Yes that’s the solution.

We were running out of bags, so I’ve ordered more: 8x general waste, 4x recycling. They will arrive tomorrow some time in the day.

Just an update on cost:

General Waste is £1.32/per 5KG bag

Recycling is 96p per 5KG bag

Including VAT

We’re putting out about 4 bags a week.

@directors incoming bill of £351 via Direct Debit from First Mile

1 Like