Newby

Hello Everyone,

My name is Lauren and I am in the very early stages of starting my own business where I sell handmade gifts. I am based in South London and local to Herne Hill and stumbled upon this space and was intrigued by it.

I am a little bit confused by the guidelines of the group though-could someone help and answer (my probably very stupid) questions!?

Do you have to pay to use the space?

Do you have to book room for the space or can you just turn up?

Thank you!

Hi Lauren,

The basic idea is that it’s a club, a bit like a gym. You pay a monthly fee to become a member, but after that you can come and go as much or little as you want.

There is a small fee to cover running costs for the laser cutter (currently offline while we wait for a replacement part unfortunately), but apart from that there are no extra charges. Because we’re totally volunteer-run, we also ask that members put a bit of time in when they can to help run/maintain the space.

There is no booking system; it’s first come, first served with the expectation that we’re all nice people and won’t hog a tool all day :slight_smile:

If you want to have a look round, tonight would be ideal - every wednesday is open evening from 19:30

Great, Thank you so much for replying to me so swiftly!

Have a lovely day!

1 Like