Hello, I'm Marc

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4958b3468> #<Tag:0x00007fa4958b3328> #<Tag:0x00007fa4958b31e8>

Hi everyone!

I have discovered this makerspace and thinking of registering for a long time. My main interst is in woodworking in luthiery. I have built a couple of instruments in the past and I am looking forward to building more and access to tools such as a planer/thicknesser, a bandsaw, a laser cutter and ideally a CNC router would be of massive help.

Looking forward to visiting the space after getting a membership!

-Marc

1 Like

Hi Marc, welcome!
We have quite a few people making guitars, I think they even started a @luthiers group

come down to open evening on wednesday evenings if you want to visit the space before signing up!

Hello Marc,

Welcome to this portion of the SLMS!
There are indeed a group of luthiers as Barnaby suggested, and that’s how I spotted your post :wink:
I have only met two of the 10 other group members in the space so far, but that’s mostly due to not being there often enough myself.

You don’t have to wait to visit the space until you have paid your membership! SLMS run open evenings on most Wednesdays at 19:30 - come and have a look around. That way you can get a better feel for what is there.
At this moment we do not have a CNC router. I am reliably informed that many people are working on changing that grave error in the Universe!
As for thicknesser, the wood techs will know best, I do know that we have hand planers, not sure about the rest.

See you soon!
Hanry

When is the next @luthiers meet up? I’m going to take the plunge!

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome!

I will definitely come and check the space out! And a luthiers meetup sounds very interesting! would joining require a membership or are those free attendance too?

Cheers,

-m