Fusion 360 help!

Help!

I’ve used Fusion 360 now a grand total of twice. Yesterday when I started up the app it showed a nice grid to work on, and today it isn’t.

I can create a sketch (grid appears), draw a circle and push/pull to make it 3D, but the solid 3D shape doesn’t appear unless I hover my mouse over it.

Now, am I missing a tich-box in a settings menu somewhere, or is it the graphics card on my elderly laptop that’s letting me down?

press the lightbulb by origin - that should do it!

Actually, sorry that’s not it, I’ll see if i can figure it out

Try Named Views folder . Then Home .

Wierd. I’ve spent most of the day trying to update Windows to see if it’s some kind of driver issue, and after the last mammoth download it worked again! Did some modelling, exported as .stl files, all good.

Then I restart F360, and it’s back to it’s old tricks.

Named Views, Home - no effect.

Switching on the lightbulb by origin gives me this:

If you wish you can send the file . I could open it on my machine .

There is no file! That’s what I get when I start up F360.

I thought I’d found it…

“If Fusion doesn’t display the grid or any objects (just a gray background) when opening files or creating primitives, try changing the internal graphics driver being used. To do this go to the “User Name Menu” > Preferences > General > Graphics driver and change the driver from DirectX 11 to DirectX 9. Click OK, save your work, and re-launch Fusion.”

But it made no difference…

Richard you may remember me from anaother life, I helped load a kiln in the boot of your car

I will look at the grid thing for you to see if I can work it out - my recolection is it needs to be in edit sketch mode (which I think you are, I suspect its a default some where)

also if your graphic card is not up to scratch it can cause issues - can you allocated it some memory this probably wont fix it completely but may alleviate it

Have you played with the grid the [grid and snaps] at the bottom of the screen

Re files there are files in fusion but they are kind of hidden from you, as with all modern software there are ,many ways of doing things if you go to https://myhub.autodesk360.com you will see what you have in fusion and can then select the format you want the file in [just a nifty bity I thought I would share]

I opened fusion and thought I had the same problem as you … I rolled my mouse button to zoom out and the grid came back (I was zoomed in to much) I also only saw one grid but when you move the mouse to the other planes they re appear

Could this be the issues you are having ???

Hi Dean, of course I remember you!

I think the issue was something to do with the graphics card drivers in Windows.

I’ve been running Windows Update almost continuously and 170 odd updates later it looks like F360 is working…