Event: Sunday 21st May. SLRP Jam Pioneers group - Tourettes and Autism friendly session

Apologies for the short notice on this! Entirely my fault.

It relates to this thread, and will be I believe an introductory session ahead of regular monthly sessions later in the year.

So: we need a couple of things:

• the space to be open and presentable between 13:30 and 16:15

• use of main tables in clean room

• use of projector and screen

• even better: members on hand with RaspPi/Python knowledge to lend a hand.

@Courty @hannahintech @emuboy any of you around?

I can’t do it due to a mystery illness that’s periodically sending my temperature up to 39.99C…

Here’s the blurb…

We’re delighted to welcome back South London Raspberry Jam to the Space.

This is an opening session ahead of monthly sessions that will begin a bit later in the year.

This is a Tourettes and Autism friendly event, and suitable for all abilities - whether you’ve never typed a line of code or have created your own version of Minecraft.

It’s aimed at 9 to 15 year olds (with some flexibility). Siblings welcome - they often get drawn into the coding!

Any members are more than welcome to bring kids along

1 Like

Giving this a bump. Would be great to have members involved in this. However, what’s essential is that the space is open for our guests.

@Robert_Kiggins you’re running an induction on Sunday. A are you likely to still be there at 1:30, which is when Grace and Femi are likely to arrive?

If so then we just need a member on hand shortly after 4 to lock up. I know the space is very unlikely to be empty at that time, but it would be handy to have someone confirm that they’ll be there.

Sorry Dermot, we have a student over from France and I have to drop her back at the airport this afternoon.
These guys are truly awesome and I can highly recommend spending a couple of hours in their company to anyone… really great fun…

Courty

1 Like

I’m working but Sammy was going to try and make it down. Unfortunately our school building was broken into last night though, so plans are all a bit up in the air.

Grace and Femi know their way around the space by now – I’m sure they’ll be fine.

These are likely going to be on the third Sunday of the month for the next six month: so we can get organised better for upcoming sessions.

Meanwhile – as @Courty said – members if you go along you’ll have a great time.

Has there ever been a session without cakes?

The gang have arrived and are setting up. I quickly cleared the table - swept everything into this box - various hand tools and cables. And a laptop. I will put it back on the main table later…

Good work! Thanks Tom.

BTW: is it your stuff or, perhaps clutter that probably shouldn’t be there anyway?

No worries. None of it mine - some tools that need putting away, some bits of electronics that I guess either belong to people or the space. Some rubbish…
I will deal with it later on, when I have less things covered in joiners mate to deal with :slight_smile:

Though I may call dibs on the laptop… :wink:

1 Like