Bespoke-keyboard show & tell night Friday 22 March

Rumor has it that SLMS has got its fair share of DIY-keyboard enthusiasts.

I for one would like to take a peek at what everybody has been up to. Bring your DIY keyboards, macropads, trackballs, bespoke HIDs to the space for a little show and tell night, and feel free to drop by even if you’re just curious.

Pinging some known faces to get the ball rolling, add yourself to the list if you are interested!

1. @realGarethEvans

I am thinking either wednesday (13/3) or thursday (14/3) evening; about 1900hrs, what works for everybody?

5 Likes

Not sure yet what time would work best for me but I’ve got a few boards I’d love to bring!

1 Like

I’ve lately been keen and curious so would be interested to see what people have done.

1 Like

Ah but can’t this week, happy to attend if next week? Either day or time

1 Like

I have always wanted to make my own, I’de even be happy with something like a kit, the problem is that I want to driven off of a Pico Pi W with bluetooth options which means I’m going to have to design more than I have time to design :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, mine runs on a pair of Picos, and I’d got past the point of no return in my CircuitPython-based project before I discovered that CircuitPython doesn’t support Bluetooth, and isn’t likely to support it any time soon.

1 Like

Interested in this but don’t think I can make this week

1 Like

Thursday don’t work for me I’m afraid.

Would next week be better? I could do Monday, Wednesday or Friday.

I have always wanted to make my own, I’de even be happy with something like a kit, the problem is that I want to driven off of a Pico Pi W with bluetooth options which means I’m going to have to design more than I have time to design

@PReardon came across some prior art recently while digging around for a new MCU!

Would next week be better? I could do Monday, Wednesday or Friday

@realGarethEvans im in favor of moving this to next week if it means we can have a bigger audience. i can be in the space past 1900hrs, any day.

1 Like

If time is an issue might be worth looking at zmk and the mcu’s it supports, it’s a Bluetooth first firmware, also after a quick look, seems like the Pico w will have a high power draw too.

does thursday (21/3) ~1900h work?

Not for me I’m afraid. Friday’s good if that’s any use.

that works for me, why dont we put a pin on friday evening, and for those who cant make it, we can try to set something up another time.

Cool. I’ve put in a space booking. See you then.

1 Like