A brief introduction

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49881fa08> #<Tag:0x00007fa49881f8c8>

Appologies as my first post is in Projects, hoped to hit the ground running.

Also I’d like to express my interest in attending https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/proposed-event-time-to-talk-day-thursday-2nd-february-2017/3809 I have been pretty much beta testing the mental health system since 2001, I’ve tested community groups, hospitals, services designed for disability. This has been 15 years in rural places as well as a 7 or so years London and I’m researching what it is about city infrastructure that improves recovery rate from sevear and induring mental illness. My work as a maker and my interest in collaborative models is a direct reaction to the stagnation and isolation I have encountered merged with the creative advantages I have grown up with.

I hope I can get to know my local makerspace and wish to attend the talking event on 2nd Feb.

Thanks,
Zachary

2 Likes

Hi Zachary

Great to hear from you. You’re involved in very interesting angles regarding Mental Health so your input is important to the event and I sincerely hope you will be there.

Are you thinking about introducing your work, any ideas?

Overall, the idea is an informal friendly event with coffee n cake as well as a couple of games, making some simple things to take home, a couple of demos, information from the Time to Talk website (thanks @StudioNelle for printing out good info), handouts of followup info to takeway, a chill out area, art & creative activities. And the Time to Talk.

I’m in the space late Saturday afternoon if you’d like to meet, Time to Talk :laughing:

Hi Jackie,

Thanks a lot for welcoming me, I am available on Saturday afternoon so I can make a vist too, that’s great!

I am happy to talk about my experiences and project work, share my questions and some ideas at the event.

Also I have here on a sheet of paper a list of free apps to maintain mental and physical wellbeing, might be interesting to look at, try out, and raise our questions?

1 Like

Free apps is one of the best tools developed over the last few years.

6ish Sat?

Would be quite interesting to compare notes on the apps.

Thanks, see you Sat then :smile:

Cool!

Hi Zach, it was really good to meet you today.

Thanks so much for taking time to come to South London Makerspace. As well as your input, your experience brought a lot of positive energy and ideas to contribute to Time to Talk, it’s very much appreciated.

I look forward to collaborating with you and am sure the other members will do too - not just on this topic but in lots of other ways.

btw I got pizza, much needed, not so healthy I know but yummy tummy lovely. :smiley:

Hope you were able to sign up too!

Thanks for welcoming me Jackie!

Was great to meet you, very interesting to share and hear your perspectives and work towards the event. Enjoyed collaborating with you today.

I’m about half way towards signing up through the members area :smile:
I also decided to get pizza on the way home, good idea.