Woodshop tool control

Hi Guys,

The master power to the Woodshop is now under tool control. To be able to switch the power on, you will have to have a minimum of Completing a ‘Woodshop Foundation’.

To switch the power on, go to the reader and present your tag for one second, the reader will confirm you have the permissions and turn the power on or it will give you a reason why not.
If you are denied and you think you should be included, please speak the @woodtechs and have them confirm your permissions.

The reader is on the wall by the power panel.

Please don’t use the emergency buttons for power control any more. These will soon be converted to lock out if activated.

Any other issues or bugs, please let me or @systems know

Courty

6 Likes

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but…

This has killed the power to the single phase tools on the tool control circuit so no bandsaw, router table, mortiser or spindle moulder…

@joeatkin2 - it would appear the beaker box is getting no power whatsoever. All sockets are okay, just the single phase tools…

How do you “unpower” the woodshop when you’re finished? And what’s the procedure for overlapping users?

1 Like

Hi Calum,

Just writing up some instructions but for info…

To take over an active session, if you touch your tag on a reader that is on it will do a back ground look up and, if the new tag has permissions, will continue the session uninterrupted but in the new tags name.

To power off, if you are the active user, touch your tag on the reader and it will switch off.
If you are not the active user, take over the session as above, wait 5 secs and touch again to turn off.

Courty

The man, the legend, @Howard got us back up and running again! Thanks Howard!

2 Likes

@Howard what was it so we don’t do it again :smile:

Courty

One of the 12v power terminals had a wire hanging out.

1 Like

Thanks Howard, bugger - school boy error :joy:

In my defence it did work before I put the lid back on… lol

Courty

A huge thank you to @Courty, and all those involved in the Tool Control project!

3 Likes

Hello all, inc. @systems and @woodtechs

I was wondering who’s in charge of implementing tool control throughout the woodshop on a per tool basis? I’d like to get involved in this if I can.

Cheers

Hi Chathika,

I’ve been spearheading that effort. I have rewritten the reader code as well as the server code to make it all work with the modbus. We needed to migrate the backend to a SLMS server before continuing and that was completed a few weeks back. Unfortunately I’ve been away for the past week but I should have time next weekend to potentially get it working. I suspect there will be some teething issues but it won’t be too much longer now.

3 Likes

OK, sounds great. I have a little bit of programming experience (Python), though not embedded experience. Happy to help if I can, though I might be more hindrance than help. Please let me know. Cheers.

3 Likes