Woodshop tidiness

@woodworkers
This is your scheduled reminder that:
-the wood waste bin is for wood (not wires, blue towel, metal shavings, vinyl etc)
-offcuts should not be stored next to the mitre saw
-sawdust is a slip hazard and a fire hazard.

On the last point we have recently had an injury because the sawdust on the floor was not being cleared up.

Please make an effort to put ten minutes aside at the end of your sessions to sweep the floor, and take out the woodwaste etc and above all please please please put tools back in their proper place, in a safe and correct fashion. It shouldn’t take three hours to clean the place to a useable state!

Thanks also to @calmq, @TomHedges and @Nelfcat for helping to clear up the shop and empty the wood bin.

6 Likes

Thanks @CriticalTolerance for grasping the bull by the (dusty) horns

The fact it’s necessary to raise these points is annoying. Shouldn’t need posts like this as we’re all adults and all KNOW what our responsibilities are.
Though knowing the path and walking the path are two completely separate things! (Apologies for the Matrix quote).
Well done guys for clearing up the woodshop. Let’s hope everyone keeps on top of it and clears up after themselves.

2 Likes

Javier from Quantum has confirmed they will empty the bins and collect all the wood waste on Monday

2 Likes

It’s useful to have a figure for the number of bags being collected so we can reconcile this with the invoice. But don’t worry for this collection

Aha! Good point. Sorry about that. Well, I believe there was about 7 on the ground - but I don’t know how many in the bins. Few people in the space before I left who may be able to count… @peter_hellyer, @StudioNelle, @CriticalTolerance

without emptying then I would estimate they can only squeeze 3 in each bin plus the one on top of the bin. The Kitchen bin will be full by Monday also.

1 Like

I’m going to take a wild guess that out First Mile bin didn’t go out this week either. I’ll check tomorrow and maybe see about an extra collection.

Pete and I thought all waste was being collected by Quantum now?

All defends on the bags! If First Mile bags are finished then it’s Quantum all the way.

A-ha. Then, as with so many problems in life, the answer can probably be found underneath the sink… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ancient wisdom…

I’ll check there today

1 Like

Did we ever find out if Quantum does Mixed recycling because they certainly didn’t mention it. That was why we need to keep Firstmile.

Yes.