Woodshop induction

Hey @woodtechs, would there be a good evening this week for me to be inducted on the woodshop tools? I’d like to use the wood shop this weekend if possible.

Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this.

Cheers

Hi Callum, I’ll drop you a message.

Hey sorry to hijack this but I would also really like to get an induction on the wood shop tools.

Let me know when you might do this?

Same for me too

Hi Jack and @kcg - right now, add your names to the induction waiting list on the admin section of discourse. I am going to go through the list tonight and make sure it’s up to date as there are people on there who have already had inductions.

I’ll then try and run an induction in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks, name added.

Thank you! I am now added too. Also I am very keen to get inducted on the laser cutter but the induction waiting list for that says CLOSED. Who do I need to talk to about getting an induction on that?

@lasertechs in particular @petra and @Jonathan should be able to help you out

Thanks!

I’d like to sign up for the laser cutter inductions but can’t access the list. Keeps saying access denied when I click the link on the induction message. Please help.

Hi Helen,

Your first payment hasn’t quite reached us yet – when it does you’ll be able to sign up to inductions, and see the members areas of Discourse. This should happen Tuesday or Wednesday

Hi Helen, there’s no list but I’ll sign you up on the next one. You’ll need a vector file to bring in, something to cut and engrave. in .svg .ai or .dxf

Thanks so much for that, Petra.
Helen

Hi Woodworkers,

Is there an induction to the wood workshop coming up?
I’m keen to get going on my project and would like to make sure that I’m inducted before starting.

Thanks
Anurag

Same still also interested in getting this induction so I can attend the other woodshop machine inductions.

@woodtechs?

Hi all - I would like to be inducted to the woodshop, if possible! I don’t see a well-defined wait list anywhere, so hopefully this works!

Yes, I am also waiting for being inducted in the woodshop. Just wondering if there is going to be any movement in the next month :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’ve added you manually to the system, you should now be able able to add yourself to induction waiting lists, and get automatic notification of any induction sessions, as well as being able to access members areas on Discourse

Hi Dermot,

Apologies if you end up sounding like a broken record. I have recently joined and am really keen on the basic woodwork induction. Where can I find the induction waiting lists to add myself too?

All the best,
Alex