Wood Lathe - DELAYED -Personal Turning Time for James. :)

(James Mouat) #1

Turning time: 13:00 - 17:00

I’ll be turning a ruined and repair bowl. Patched up an old padauk bowl that I blew off the lathe while I was first learning to turn, ruining the mortise and cracking severely in the process.

Now that we have the cole / button jaws for the lathe, I’ll be seeking to try and salvage it. It’s got some fancy pigmented resin filling-in the busted bits and has become an experiment of sorts.

Wish me luck! :smiley:

(Petra) #2

noice! was thinking of turning wood resin bowl m’self! Hope I’ll have the chance seeing yours!
… don’t you have by any chance left over pigment? I’m going to play with resin and am looking for a little smudge for project with @ozumcan

(James Mouat) #3

I have some turquoise pigment and some “old gold” pigment. It’s SUPER strong, so unless you a mixing liters of resin you only need a very small amount. I’d be happy to share.

(Petra) #4

turquoise and gold! yes please :slight_smile:
I’ll be mixing a bit, making some jewellery and also casting some plants…

(James Mouat) #5

Well if you are able to come down to the space during this time I’ll make sure to bring them with me and you can check them out. :slight_smile:

(Petra) #6

Alright :slight_smile:

(Dermot Jones) #7

Glad to see you’re taking some James time!

(James Mouat) #8

I am going to be about 1 hour late, but I will still be using my time slot.

I could not see a way to edit the booking times to reflect this.

@petra - if you are planning to come in to check out the pigments, I still have them and will be bringing them but I will be running late.