Wood delivered in the clean room

Big thanks to @inmandmk for helping carry them in from the street!

@Jonty_Bottomley @peter_hellyer @petra @John_Forbes will be in later today to pick up/store their pieces.

Hi afshin, I was going to collect from your flat … but I can go to the space instead (just double checking)

Have you marked on the boards at the space whose is whose?

And pls let me know have much i still owe you

Thanks a million!

JohnF

Hi John yes please pick up from the space. None are marked.

Hi Guys,

Quick Nudge - This wood is still all over the space, blocking the thoroughfares and balanced up against the rafters in the dusty area. Thought you were picking it up / storing it that day !!!

Can you sort ASAP ?

Courty

1 Like

Can we have a temporary ban on further large wood deliveries to the space until the next members meeting, because every time we get a delivery people make assertions to collect within a given time frame and it then just blocks the space up for sometimes weeks after.

My view is these should not be delivered into the space at all, Makerspace is not a timber yard, especially the clean room.

3 Likes

Initiatives like this wood purchase are fantastic – we just need to make sure members are efficient at collecting their timber, and mindful of the effect of leaving it lying around. Some were straight in on Saturday and dealing with it…come on the rest of you!

The reality is that doesn’t happen and never has, every single time this happens.

Mea Culpa. This is me - I’ve had a difficult week for various reasons, and I need to find time to come cut this down enough to fit in my car.

1 Like

One of the great things about SLMS – people putting their hand up!

1 Like

Hi all,

One more nudge- these giant slices are in the way of actually using the textiles area- is there a plan to move them, or can I roll them to the snug?

Thanks!!

@woodtechs

Roll them out of the way…this is clearly not a storage area

snug! snug! snug! snug! (alltogether now!)

Sorted! Thanks @petra for the help!

2 Likes