Whatsapp group to facilitate space "hosting"?

That’s understandable - but just to clarify this wouldn’t replace the current system, it’s just a way of marginally more easily viewing and editing the current calendar for those that do have a mobile.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Sorry I´m a bit late to this party but wanted to give a newbie point of view to the booking system/calendar discussion as I agree, it’s not very straightforward to know when it’s open and what’s available.
I have no idea how feasible this would be in terms of software but it would be great to have an overview for each day with all the areas that need booking with the slot they are booked for, plus also if the space is open by someone with shutter access even if they haven’t booked a specific area.
I’ve collated the below by having a look at the different items in today’s calendar and it’s a bit tricky to know if the timings are actually right and if, as an example, 3D Ultimaker 2 this morning was booked only for Mike, for Sean or for both.

I know this is complex but something along these lines… Thoughts?
Thank you!

Hi Cristina. Your layout would definitely be necessary if the space was a lot busier.
It has the advantage of being a lot more granular (e.g. the space is open for 5 hours, but I need the laser for 2 hours of the 5).
Without changing the data system, it may be possible to populate each day in the calendar with such a table, and then all members populate it for each day. However, I don’t see a way to merge fields, so Ben B would have to be entered in 11 cells!
Another disadvantage that I see is that the table is definitely not going to be mobile-friendly.
Anyway, we are a crafty bunch, so perhaps your idea will be adoptable.

Hi Brendon - agree, the spreadsheet looks quite empty actually!
Another option would be only having one of the current posts/calendar items per day and everyone inputting their time slots in there so at least everything is in one place and can be checked straight forward? (Except open for everyone events)

1 Like

I like this idea, may simplify things and prevents double bookings…

1 Like

Hi yesterday I made a last minute booking and here my suggestion :point_right: removing in the how to book post the requirement to book 24hrs in advance. I believe 24hr notice is ideal but requires planning and to improve booking usage I think enabling last minute booking directly when the member with shutter access is in the space could add this benefit: member with no shutter access sees how long the space will be open and makes last minute decision to quickly pop by the space.

4 Likes

Good idea Dario, I have edited the text to say please give much advance notice as possible, but last minute bookings are fine. Let me know if that makes sense?

8 Likes