What do you think of the Hackspace Magazine?

We’ve had two boxes of issue no.1 of Hackspace magazine gifted to the Makerspace: members are encouraged to take them home and read/share them – just make sure there’s at least one copy left for the Space_Library.

Any thoughts? Is this a useful resource to have? We’ve been offered the option of buying a box at cost price, but this would only make sense if members want to buy copies. Otherwise we could try out a subscription for a year?

I took one home and had a flick through it.

It’s got a few intriguing things but seems to weigh heavily towards the electronics side of things and feels a bit like a marketing tool for arduinos and raspberry pis. It’s pretty light on actual details for a lot of the projects too.

I can see it being reasonable to have a subscription for the space so people can flip through it but I wouldn’t want to pay a fiver a pop (or whatever it is) to have every month.

1 Like

Basically this. My girlfriend was very interested in it and it seems aimed at people with her core interests (raspis and arduinos) who are maybe trying to get into the hardware side. I’d be interested to flick through a copy in the space but not in taking out a sub myself