Volunteers wanted Saturday 24th June ..purge

Really not happy with the state of the wood workshop, so asking for help Saturday morning 10:00-12:00 to do the following : -
Move all the machines and sweep/Hoover behind
Clean filter
Final clean and sort

Sort out scrap wood and dispose of useless wood,
Get all the tools back to where they should be
Tidy the shelves and check to see that wood stored
Is to be used.

Planning to throw or repurpose anything that does not
Have a name on so let me know if there is something in the workshop you wish us to
Keep

4 Likes

Would be good to get a name on the 8x4 sheets that are still in Messy.

1 Like

Sure, I’ll come down

Oh boy, here I go purging again.

(I’ll be there to help)

1 Like

I’m sorry I’m not around :frowning: I did give it a quite a good hoover the last time I was working in there. It’s frustrating that people aren’t respecting the space. I will keep going over the area with the hoover whenever I’m working there :slight_smile:

1 Like

THIS. :heartbeat:

How do I press the like button more than once???

Any chance we could finish the divinding wall too???

Wish I could come but my grandad is in hospital and I am visiting him tomorrow.

1 Like

I’ve got some oak on the middle and top shelf i’m going to use. This includes two drawer fronts that i forgot to put my name on. And a larger offcut that i need to cut up. Pleeeeease don’t chuck or use them! The drawer fronts have up/down markings and two mortices each on the back.

Hi, I would like to help, but I can only be make it down after 11:15ish. Will you still be working after 12 so I lend a decent hand?

I slso need to go through the birch ply in messy. A lot of the offcuts are nice big useable bits. And I’ll be finishing the desk next week.

I’ll be in the space tomorrow so I’ll pop in to the woodshop and help out with the clean :slight_smile:

The more the merrier!

Running late… be there in 10 minutes

Would of liked to come down and help today but have too much on.
Def be around next time.

Ably directed by @lewisss - myself, @TomHedges, @Jeremy_Clark, @AlexT, @Sponge_Bob made sure the woodshop is looking as good as new

9 Likes

Wow, that lathe bench!

We have a lathe? I thought that was the unfinished projects bench. Well done guys

2 Likes

Maybe we should agree a policy that hints without an agreed storage request will be disposed of without notice.