Usb to serial AVR

I need to link to a Atmega 168 usb to serial . using widows 8 and 10. I have PL2303 which does not work. Any Advice? I get ser_open(): cant open device…

I don’t know about the PL2303, I’ve never particularly used it, I have used the CP2102 to communicate with an ESP32, It worked fine, it just took me some time to figure out the correct driver to use for the board, if it’s a genuine Arduino it’s harder to get it wrong, if not, just to rule out things I’d try checking the Drivers.

1 Like

Hi Thanks Joao for your help . I will order one . if your in on thursday can y bring it and it would be good to discuss it.

Most certainly I’ll be around on thursday, what time should I be around? I’ll bring it in, and you can test, if it works with the atmega 168, you can have it, I don’t think I’ll need it anytime soon. But as an alternative these things are quite cheap to buy on ebay. I was using it along with an esp32 - camera module but I fried it so basically I’m not using it. XD

What time is good for you I am free this day.

I got some Atmel chips i want to program.

I think I’ll be around in the morning after 10, but tomorrow I’ll confirm, have you tried programimng the Atmega with another arduino? If you have two you can use them to program the chips.

Hi Joao i manged to get it sort of working with serial. However if I put a different mcu it doesnt.
I think the answer is in the make file. Anyhow would be good to talk about this.