Tracksaw Induction

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa496507a20>

Looking for volunteers for a trial for the tracksaw system induction ,

Requirements.
You Must have done the Basic woodshop induction

You must have a project ready to go using sheet materials, Ply/mdf/wood furniture boards.
Please reply to this post stating project details. size and type of sheet materials you will be bringing and dates you will be available to attend with your materials.

3 Likes

I Volunteer as tribute!

Where can I find information about the tracksaw? I have a tablesaw induction and have a project for it but can try and see if the tracksaw will do

Pm me with details of your project and I will let you know.
It is a ts55 festool tracksaw used with an MFT fence system

hi Mark

i would volunteer, i can cut the cnc door panels with the tracksaw, but they are 20mm plus depth… is it possible? i kind of remember the max cutting depth is 12mm…

That is exactly why we need an induction! 50mm max cut

perfect then it fits in…
I’m in if we can organise

1 Like

and may the odds be ever in your favour

I’m hoping to build some alcove units out of MDF. Would that be a suitable project for the tracksaw?

Yes absolutely when are you thinking of making them?

Have PM’d you

I’m down for this after next week if you still “need” people :smiley:

1 Like

@lewisss thanks for creating this. I have a project in mind: a front window box with top opening and I have the top cushion ready. Here are the approximate drawings. I’ll assemble the box and frame in my house but ideally I’d love to use the tracksaw to prepare all parts. Also material plywood or MDF and carcassing timber for the frame… I’d like to volunteer if you have space, I can make time based on your agenda except from 10/2 to 20/2. There will be lots of learnings considering I have many questions and unknowns.

Hi Mark,
I’m up for doing the tracksaw induction. I did the table saw with Ryan a week or so ago while you were sharpening your tools and we had a chat. I want to make a router table like the one that you built.
Philip

1 Like

Hi Mark,

I would like to volunteer if you still need people. I’m hoping to cut sections for some shelves from ply. 18 or 21mm.

I’m available 13th, 14th and 16th feb if any of those days work. I would just need to have a few days notice to get the sheet delivered to the studio ahead of induction.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Mark,
If there’s still space… I have a small project to convert a cupboard that held a boiler into a shelf and drawers. MDF door and ply or wood internally.
Thanks

I’m game for the induction. Can’t use the table saw but want to rip parts of a sheet down to make a small chest of drawers!

Yes please Mark. @lewisss

I have two floating box shelves to make.

1100mm x 150mm x 80mm

I plan on using pine for the frame and maybe 5-6mm hardboard, all mitred edges. I will bring two quarter sheets of hardboard. Ready from after this weekend.

Apologies for the lack of movement on this . Covid struck 3 weeks ago and still feel rough, will get these started soon

4 Likes

Hope you feel better soon!

1 Like