Tooting Broadway Market sign

A few people may have noticed me making prototypes and messing around with laser ply letters recently in the space.

This is all part of a project I’ve been asked to do for Tooting Broadway Market.

Full disclosure: I’m working with a local designer on this and we are being paid for this. This piece of work came from a contact of mine directly, rather than a general inquiry to the Makerspace.

I will need space to prep 3no. 8x4 sheets of ply and will need to bring in a heap of laser ply to cut.

The project needs a quick turnaround so should be done in roughly 1 week starting around this Thursday.

I’ll put in a storage request separately, but @pip is there a ‘good’ place to store/work on the 8x4 sheets?

We should be able to get some nice publicity out of this: the sign may even have an official ‘unveiling’

I’m estimating laser cutting fees at £60 to £80.

Ha, you choose the worst week :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve got a lot of ducting arriving this week, and messy space is being pushed to completion and is consequently a bit, well, messy.

You around to discuss on site at all this week?

1 Like

Yes,

I’m a flexible worker. Upright storage for the ply somewhere is what I need.

Just store it with the existing pile behind the laser cutter?

Yes, unless there’s already plans to move it all

Beware warping the ply when you store it upright.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s a very good point: especially as I’ll be painting one aide of it.

Would potentially be some nice PR if you’re happy to bung some credit out way. May even be a nice ‘blog it for trotec’ type affair…

Definitely some great PR coming, didn’t want to say too much publicly. Yet.

And some Trotec love too!