The state of the Electronics benches [aka random stuff left on them]

What I mean is 1 evening, soon, not about making but sorting the components in batches which will indicate the type of storage required. I’m happy to help, electronics are a vital part of Maker Space. The new beautiful benches = new beautiful storage system for sure!

One thing I think needs to be done with some urgency is to sort out the test leads. We need some way to store them. Test leads are usually kept against a wall, dangling from slots cut into a wooden rack. I think there is a space on the back of one of the benches where such a rack can go. We can make up for the lack of width by making a deep rack. There should be room for plenty of test leads.

I think also we do not have enough test leads of all types. We have plenty of crocodile-to-crocodile leads (although these tend to have an incredibly cheap and nasty slippery insulation which makes it very hard to open the clips with). There should also be plenty of banana to crocodile, banana to banana, and banana to test hook.

1 Like

Does someone have home some temporary small boxes to use for start to sort out various component/ material? I’m going to be in the space tonight btw.

1 Like

If any storage needs buying, please do so and submit a reimbursement claim:

1 Like

To avoid wasted time and for clarity can I just check that @electrotechs are on the same page as @Howard and @joeatkin2 regarding storage in the electronics area? I know there more construction planned on the benches, how does this fit in with component storage?

I would follow @joeatkin2 and @Howard ideas I was just looking for small cardoard boxes to start to sort out things and then move the stuff in their final places , in this way we can have an idea of how much space we need…

3 Likes

Will try to make a start today