The great money debate

I don’t think people are upset by your views about money, they are just irritated by your repeated airing of your views at every possible opportunity. It’s like somebody being vegan, which is absolutely fine, but then loudly telling the whole room that they are vegan every single time they see anybody eating anything, which is absolutely not fine. It’s both rude and boring.

7 Likes

I also assume that should you ever find yourself the victim of crime or taken ill, you won’t be calling on the services of London’s finest or the NHS, both funded by taxpayers using so-called Monopoly money :thinking: Can’t have it both ways…

2 Likes

Right , people , can we stop feeding the troll , please? Every single post is crafted to trigger an emotional response , he is manipulating you to give him attention.

4 Likes

Consumerism and the rise of single-use plastic causes that, not money.

As an aside, monay hasn’t changed all that much even since abandoning the gold standard. Gold is worthless - it’s only useful because the supply is limited (there’s only about 171 thousand tonnes of the stuff on the planet) which is a strict requirement for a currency. If more gold is found/produced, the value drops. Being able to manipulate your country’s currency by changing the amount in circulation allows you to control this and look after the economy better.

As a second aside, I’m concerned you found my answer sensible: the question was daft, it follows that my answer must be daft. Further work required on my part evidently.

2 Likes

Or use a road. Or the tube, or buses, or trains anywhere.

2 Likes

Just to clarify?

so you don’t pay council tax or income tax?

2 Likes

Well , provided that his "illuminated conversation with Howard " sounded something like “who pay taxes is stupid” I would say , no…

If the answer comes back as ‘No, because I’m on benefits’… I’m done :fist_right: :microphone:

(That’s a feeble attempt at a mic drop :laughing:)

2 Likes

Really… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Economic growth is not tied to natural resources. CGI artists and musicians contribute to GDP.
Have you read books such as Bernard Lietaer’s’The Future of money’ or particularly the you tube series ‘Money as debt’ which neatly describes how fractional reserve banking tends to evolve in a system of savings and loans wether a currency it is based on the gold standard or not.
There are many advocates to reform of banking and the idea of barter systems but the barter exchanges that work tend to live alongside fiat currencies rather than replace.

This is dangerously untrue. Your consent is not required, and you cannot choose the rules. Try to pull this in a courtroom and you will eventually end up guilty of contempt (along with whatever you were in court for).

If you can find me a case where FOTLing resulted in a verdict of “You’ve got me there! I guess you don’t have to pay council tax/bsuiness rates/parking fines after all! On your way, sovereign citizen!” from the judge, I will eat my words. Please note that cases thrown out of court for wasting the judge’s time don’t count.

5 Likes