The art of airbrush painting

Hi Makers,
Is there anyone who is experienced in the use of an airbrush for painting?
I am looking to get started but don’t know whats good/bad and what a basic startup kit would be.
Would love to hear your opinions on discourse or can meet up in the space to chat in person if you are interested…
Many thanks in advance for any returns.
Jonathan

We might well be getting some spray paint and airbrush kit donated by Sata UK in the very near future

1 Like

@platinumnqueen22 uses them for his projects if I’m not mistaken.

Hi all:grinning:, yes I do use airbrush, im in all day tomorrow and should be around this week from wensday onwards, any questions are more than welcome, Brian

1 Like

I’ve not used an airbrush before - would you be able to give me some help getting started?

Done - big thanks to Destom!

@Destom would you be interested in doing an airbrush workshop?

3 Likes

Hi, :smiley_cat: if you would like to know anything about airbrushing drop me a line or turn up at the space and we can go through a few things. keep well . Brian D=

3 Likes

all of my airbrushes have been broken over the last few months down at the space. I have a couple of woodshop things to do before I can thin about it but it should be on the cards

Hi Steve,:smiley_cat: the needle is now perfect again, ive left the whole thing in a tub filled with isopropanal to clean the whole thing (ive stripped it down mostly ) I hope that will do the trick. Keep well . Brian D=

1 Like

I would be interested in an airbrush workshop

Same. It would go well with my plans to refurbish these vices for the space.

Same, I am interested in learning how to use the airbrush!

+1

I would be interested in an airbrush workshop as it’s been years since I’ve properly used one. :slight_smile:

Me too! :slight_smile:

Teach me as well :smiley:

Sounds like this might need an induction list.
@directors am I ok to make one for a tool thats not really a space tool yet?

Yes, if in parallel can you:

• create a tool page and specify if it is a donation or long term loan
  • create a risk assessment page

These can be filled in later as needed, but let’s get them started with some basics

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/dual-action-airbrushing-l1/28948 We have an induction list for the airbrush. If it prooves popular I will bug @asander1 for a budget and for someone else to become a tech to look after the tools

3 Likes