Storage Request - some ply

Description of storage request (include dimensions)
eg. 10 sheets of plywood for the construction of a kitchen. 2.4x1.2m

Storage Location (be precise)

Leaned up against the wall just inside the messy workshop

Start Date (be in the future if possible!)
5th August 2017 to be rapidly reduced in size as it is eaten by the table saw

End Date (be pessimistic)
12th August 2017 wind blowing in the correct direction permitting.

It’s only a few days so I don’t see an issue.

However can we use this as an opportunity to clear that space and agree that it will not be used for storing materials again, and in future that material dumped there be disposed of.

This door has been blocked nearly continuously since the space was completed, it makes it very difficult to turn the light on and off.

1 Like

There’s about 4 offcuts of 18mm ply marked up for use in the kitchen there. Could someone find a home for that if they clear the area please? Will
Be using it to make some shelves for the tea & coffee etc in the kitchen after my summer hols. Cheers.

Would be better if these could be snugged. I don’t think the space by the double doors is suitable for sheet storage, except maybe during a cutting session. Even then it’s not ideal. We really should have cleared this away ages ago.

There’s a pile of various 8x4 sheets in the snug already.

1 Like

To be clear about my own job, these boards will rapidly over the space of that week become small kitchen shaped boardlets and be removed from the space :slight_smile:

I just think it’s a bad place to store boards, and we knew that from day one when boards got moved there from the clean room. As 8x4 boards are proving popular we should take the opportunity and find a better place for them. Getting them into the Snug is a PITA, but we could fix that.

Yeah if we did rebuild the snug we could open up the door in the wall by the mitre saw and have a wood store in the wood workshop, plus some more space for their stuff.