Stop watering the plants!

They’re not happy bunnies cus they’re getting waterlogged :anguished: , I soaked most of the water out and they had a day in the sun yesterday with their friends in the garden. They’re in the window now getting a bita light so they’ll be grand in a day or two :hibiscus:

1 Like

Maybe a sticker on them?

Can’t we use an Arduino?

1 Like

Haha, of course! Any one willing can make an water sensor for them, and even an automatic watering system, I have a solenoid that will work for gravity fed systems for this task, a project I haven’t got round to for about five years…

Aquaponics! :upside_down:

1 Like

I’m sure we could find a more complex way of doing it if we put our minds to it?

3 Likes

Now you’re talking!

I’m in !!

Courty

My current project is actually making an automatic irrigation system. I have bought some soil moisture sensor modules to evaluate.

2 Likes

There’s always the put your finger in the soil technique. But this may require risk assessments an inductions.

Tar and feather me now!

4 Likes

FlowerTechs???
:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I agree: the system needs some sort of ‘finger’ to test the moisture level slightly below the surface of the potting compost.

This should be linked to a visual recognition system which would cross reference plant variety against known watering requirements. An articulated arm could manoeuvre a watering can into postiton and apply the appropriate amount of water?

1 Like

…well i’ve just finished(!) the first prototype of a machine like this.
the visual recognition system is working and the plant reference is working.

im still working on the mechanics of the robot though.

it keeps falling in the pond…

1 Like

Not sure you should have gone ahead with such a big project with out costing it, but looks the part!

1 Like

im going round in circles!
nothing is working as expected

2 Likes