Soft Robotics - would like to show FUTURE DATE (not Oct 4th) electronics night. I want to work on this some more before showing it

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49ae60320> #<Tag:0x00007fa49ae67fa8>

Hello all

I (in a team) have been working on a VR haptics project about ocean plastics. The controllers of the headset (Lenovo mirage solo) control the haptics and things which happen in the VR scene (made using Unity). It is supposed to be multiplayer but that bit is not very robust also I always have to borrow another headset of a friend so it is a bit of hassle. Anyway as a 1 player piece …

The haptics which we made/developed …

• silicon tentacles a friend made in her bedroom and they keep bursting all the time :frowning: and are really heavy as well so not ideal.
  • pvc air pillow

connected with medical tubing to a box of electronics with a pump and an osc board sending messages to the Unity via LAN. The electronics seem pretty robust are in place/working but probably will be developing the tentacles/haptic bits so you might be see me around with weird materials over the next few weeks. Also I am developing the VR scene as well into a story.

Anyway I have started demoing it and getting feedback so I can iterate it, even if it is a little bit work in progress and would love to show it at the electronics night on Thursday 4th Oct.

Picture from demoing it last Thursday at a VR meetup in Brighton. There is an outer costume garment with reflective strips !

Very phallic bursting tentacles !

Bits and pieces of the project.

Cheers Bushra

1 Like

I want to work on this some more before showing it.So I am going to show it a future date. So I am taking down the event. Sorry !

1 Like