So I bought some walnut

I found a local supplier that has lots of nice wood and it’s not too expensive. I bought a nice large plank of walnut to make more chopping boards with.

The shopkeeper asked me if I wanted it planed all over. What’s the fun in that!?

So now I have a rough sawn plan of walnut, that I crossed cut so I can transport in the tube.

How of the tools available in the shop (and that I’m allowed to use) what’s the best for make it less rough?

Also I’d love some help from one of the @woodtechs or other people allowed to use the table saw. I need to rip cut the walnut to measure. Is there anybody around in the evening either on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday?

Thank you!

Did the planer/thicknesser get going again after the rebuild? @woodtechs?

Planer is going okay. Thicknesser not quite.

Best case scenario changing the blades and calibrating them slightly differently will fix the problem, I reckon this is the most likely issue and first resort, I just haven’t yet found the time to do it.

If that doesn’t solve it it could well be a much bigger job…

Excuse my ignorance, is the top bit the Planer? Is that to flatten the edges of a board?

Ok… English and American call it differently. This video was quite useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53yKtkP0yFE

I guess at the very least it would be nice to get my board on the top part of the machine (Americans call it the jointer I think).

Anybody around tomorrow? Are the @woodtechs the only one allowed to use that machine?

This book is a good intro

Thanks!