Small CNC fusion 360 advice needed

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa497c09958>

@federico

I’ve created 3 parts in fusion and tested they fit on the 3d printer but not sure how to get those parts arranged to fit into the CNC and setup the chamfer tool used on the big CNC to do 90 degree cuts

Any suggestions on how to arrange the work and do I need to buy a chamfer bit for the small CNC?

Thanks
Dorine

Hi @Dorine

You don’t need to buy the tool as what we have fits the mini cnc.
If you want to cut those on the mini you need separate files as i don’t think they fits in the max cutting area, hence… There is no need to arrange them in fusion

Let me know
Federico

what is the maximum cutting overall size?

Here it is:

All the info

to confirm that’s the cutting area?

It is, although the z is less ( because of the tool length and stock etc.) But i don’t think it matter in your case

Ok I drew the box size it can cut 200x175 the height is not an issue as the wood is 6.5mm thick

I’ve had to break the job into 2:

Part A: the 3 long panels
Part B: the 2 short panels with a small bit of waste between them. this so they can match the wood grain of the longer panels.

See pics:

Have you laser cut them?

The first boxes I made was lazer cut but wanted a version that had an invisible edge which lazer cutting can’t do. Also the grain of the wood is disrupted by the teeth and gap between each cut . The CNC version should flow grain wise all the way around.

Hi Federico,
Ive done some more work on the project but not sure if the CNC can cut that arrangement? I’m coming in on Saturday to have a play 2-5pm ish… Be good to double check with you before I do anything. Also do we have any bit that will neatly cut 0.5mm aluminium? I’ve got some sublimation aluminium in stock to play with.

Thanks
Dorine

We do have the tool for aluminium, but you need to find a sacrificial board for it

I should be in the makerspace tomorrow, not 100% sure yet, but if I’ll be there we can check together.

Cool!

Im here now trying to have a look too :slight_smile:

I dint get far last night so will definitely need your help. :slight_smile:

Let me know when you are there and I’ll come in :slight_smile:

Sorry just left, i haven’t seen your last message.
I’ll be in tomorrow for the induction. Maybe we can have a look after it

ok thanks, ill come over tomorrow after the induction.