SLMS Garden taking part in the Chelsea Fringe Gardening Festival? 16-24 May

We have a growing pile of timber and decking out front, and 50 tree saplings arriving March - seems gardening gods are giving us hints! And now a reach our from Chelsea Fringe…Anyone fancy coming up with plan/s to make a SLMS Garden, plant the saplings and take part somehow in Chelsea Fringe…nothing like a deadline to get stuff done.

Below is the email I received from them…

It is run by volunteers. It is the only alternative gardening festival in the world

This year’s Festival is on from 16-24 May and we¹d love you to join us and join in!

It’ll be our ninth year and we¹re looking forward to more quirky, exciting, fun, interesting events, broadly themed on gardens and plants.

Remember, you can do (almost) anything you want in the Fringe - imagination is the only limit
Whether you took part last year, thank you - why not do it again in 2020? - or whether you¹re new (or newish) to the Fringe, then come along to our launch meeting at the Garden Museum on Monday 10th February (6.30pm for 7pm start).

It¹s your chance to find out how to join in with the festival. There¹ll be presentations about our events, press coverage and social media.

We¹ll also be unveiling our brand new website, which launches in February.

You can RSVP using the link below. And please do forward this invitation to anyone you think might also be interested in putting on an event. The more the merrier!

Please RSVP via EVENTBRITE HERE so we know how many people to expect.

It¹s never too early to get in touch with ideas - the earlier the better, we say.

You can email info@chelseafringe.com. We¹d love to hear from you.

2 Likes

If we can get a core group to commit to this…then let’s go for it!

There are a few dependencies…such as okaying garden expansion with our landlord and Costcutter…but in the meantime we should gather interested members

I’d be keen to help. Particularly building planters, raised beds and some outdoor furniture (bench etc.)

2 Likes

Not that we cant do it without one, bu do you (or any members) know a young aspiring garden designer that might want to take part and use it to showcase their work?

I’d much prefer if we co-created it… speaking as someone who was a garden designer for some decades…

Very happy to facilitate the design process though…

1 Like

Amazing! I didnt know that…yes meant someone with experience to guide the process.

1 Like

Little late but just seen this!! Wondering if anything is going ahead with this?
I’m a Gardener and would love to get involved!

2 Likes

Hi Marta,

You’re not late! We were just talking about getting a garden group together to get things in shape

@afshind has organised 50 tree whips which arrive in a month and we’re going to pot up and distribute locally

@Clix is keen to see the :Hanging Gardens of Herne’ constructed from reclaimed timber

I’ve got a gardening/design background and @Beccaartist does too

We should probably put out a call and get things moving?

1 Like

Yaaaaaay : ) we’re growing!

And love the hanging gardens of Herne hill. Actually practical too as frees up floor space for bikes, parking, seating, tables etc

1 Like