Six week bin mountain

This afternoon we started the 6 week bin system agreed on at the last members meeting.

There are no containers yet but that’s ok because the piles are far too big to fit in anything. I meant to put signs on them but ran out of time.

Obviously some of this is useful stuff, the reason it’s here is that it needs to either be taken away, or it needs to find a home in the space which isn’t “gathering dust on the floor behind a sofa”.

6 weeks from today is 17th November. So by then everything in these piles needs to have found a better home or go to the tip. That includes all the clothes hanging in the hooks - the hooks should be empty if the space is empty.

3 Likes

Top work!

If that’s a red overall with Makerspace ‘M’ we should… stash it somewhere.

ducks

Stick it under the sofa.

They’re very useful, but as Sarah says, not needed right there.

Chez Spark, perhaps…?

It needs a wash anyway.

Thinking about it, there should be 4? 6? of them, and an equivalent quantity of white boots and white belts. For future Makerspace antics, these should all be stored together, somewhere clean and dry.

A few of these red overalls have had some real-world construction use. The boots and belts are in the Snug.

I’ve done some further tidying of the mountain…

• ladders, roof supports and spades have been tucked into the snug - through door and immediately on the right
  • photography equipment all packed away and bag stowed next to large format printer between electronics and textiles benches. @StudioNelle @Jonathan - just FYI as I know you guys use this kit
  • green Heineken branded backpack belonging to @Andy is hanging on the coat rack for collection in a couple of days
  • 9ft wde roll of paper stowed in rafters above metalwork area
  • LED bus/train display thing put on top of a shelving unit at the far right-hand end of the snug
3 Likes