Shutter not being closed

august 11 i got to the space in the morning to find the space empty with the shutter up!

totally forgot to mention it.

this saturday morning the same thing happened! empty space shutter left open…

will those with shutter access please say goodbye to everyone that is left in the space
and check that there is someone there with shutter access. if not they have to leave with you

those without shutter access and happen to be the last ones in the space let someone know on discourse so the site can be made secure.

all of the new people who have been granted shutter access, be aware it comes with the responsibility of

1. making sure everything is off. (wood workshop power, laser cutter and extraction, soldering irons etc)
  2. making sure there is no-one in the snug that you are about to lock in,
  3. kicking out anyone that does not have shutter access when you leave.Unless there is another with acccess
  4. closing the shutter…

this is not difficult
so why has it happened 2 weekends in a row?
last thursday this friday night crowd… looking to you for answers

2 Likes

I think this reinforces the case for having an orientation session before getting shutter access.

Would be useful to know what happened on these two occasions: if you are one of the people who left the shutter up with no one in the space: was it just an oversight? Or did no one ever tell you what needed to be done?

It shouldn’t need saying that leaving the shutter up presents a huge vulnerability to our beautiful space and equipment.

P.S. anyone else turned up to the space and found the shutter up but the space unoccupied?

1 Like

@keyholders

I forgot one night last year, it is pretty easy to do. Fortunately on that occasion the realization struck me on the way home and I was able to come back and close it.

However, we have to lock the gates to the estate these days as well. It is difficult to imagine someone failing to close the shutter but remembering to lock the gates.

1 Like