Sewing machine

Hi, there should be some in one of the drawers (of the old machine) but as far as I know all the machines are out of order except the overlocker which is fine.

There should be stack loads in the drawers. The Janome is working fine now, and I think the Bernini us in better nick too.

Great thank you so much!

Not sure I agree the Janome is fine, just tried to put it on zig zag and it threatened to break the needle. The other machine had a broken needle when I got into the space. It seems we need more needles (or I’m looking in the wrong place) and they need calibration.

That’s not good re Janome. Are you looking in the second or third desk drawer down. There was about 200 needles in there a week ago.

Ahh that I didn’t know about but I will look there for needles next time. It seemed to be hitting the plate beneath it, rather than the slot. I’m not entirely familiar with that kind of computerised machine but it did seem rather more like a mechanical than a software fault.

I’m going to hold off using it again until I can be there with someone who knows more about how to use it, I don’t want to make the problem any worse.

Cheers for letting us know. I doubt I will make it up to the space before next weekend, but can take a look then.

I’ll be there for short while and will have a look. I’ll also try to put together a quick trouble shoot guide for people using the machine.

It sounds like the needle holder is loose, cause the needle to be out of alignment.

1 Like

The Janome was working fine today. I noticed the needle was bent, so I swopped it for a new one from the spares in the second draw.

I did spend half an hour trying to figure out why it wasn’t working, before realising I had rigged it wrong:-/

Ah yes I had meant to do that before I left, it bent for me hitting the base plate while trying to have it on anything other than a straight line. Glad you managed to make it behave however.