Sat sewing basics cancelled - see direct email

It’s been a while since I ran a make in the space session. I wondered if there would be anyone interested in a sewing machine basics, covering the following:

• Threading the sewing machine.
  • Basic stitches - - - - - - - - - - - >>>>>>>>>>> and when to use them.
  • Threads, matching them to fabric.
  • Needles matching then to the correct fabric type.
  • Knowing when to use different sewing feet.
  • The session will end by putting everything together to make a simple leather sunglasses case, perfect for the sunny days ahead.

Please update this post by adding your name so I can prioritise members before posting to the public this Sunday.

Cheers

Interested

1. @jim
  2. @Damian
  3. @TomHedges
  4. @CriticalTolerance
  5. @hard_lines
  6. @ArthurS
    Sara
  7. @Turnip-Stew
2 Likes

Hi I am interested but after the 20th. Thanks

1 Like

I’d be really interested in this in general, but unfortunately can’t make this date!

1 Like

I would be interested in this. Just signed up and haven’t made it to the space yet, but the sewing machines are of major interest to me. I have experience with small hobby/home machines but would like to learn more.

1 Like

Great - so glad to see so many men into sewing!

I

@ Tariq @coppledt I run it again on a weekday evening if that is of any interest? I could co-ordinate with Wednesday open evening?

Yes That would be Great. Looking Forward too it.

1 Like

Yes please, but can’t do that date.

1 Like

Deffo up for this - done quite a few little projects but learning detail of which needles and stitches are appropriate would be hugely useful.

1 Like

I’d also be up for this date.

1 Like

Hey Callum,

Are you referring to the Sunday or Wednesday?

Thanks

I see i missed something there… I can only do Sunday

No worries, yiu just need to edit the post by adding your name to the list for the 18th june.

Thanks.

I’d be interested too but can’t do June 18th…will there be a opportunity to have one in July?

Sara

That was my rather poor attempt at adding myself to the list.
Help!

Sorry Sarah,

I did mention in my original post that I was giving makerspace preview seats before I published to my meet up before I closed the wiki last Sunday.

I will dm on how to secure a spot if your still interested.

Hi Afshin

I can definitely reschedule, but I will pretty busy between now and July will have to check the calender and come back to you, will probably be a weekday evening.

Cheers

Sorry, I don’t understand. Also I received an email about the £5 charge so I’ve just paid!
Sara

Hi Sarah,

Yes the £5 covers the materials I use for the session not provided by the space.

The alternative date is as response to Asfwin who asked couldn’t make 18th June.