Screenprinting Equipment

@silkscreentechs was wondering what the possibility would be of adding two of these screen clamps to the bar in the messy room for screen printing?

2 Likes

You mean in addition to the table? You should fairly easily be able to do what she’s doing with the existing set up, assuming we can move everything off it at some point soon.

I guess so, just on top of the bar. Happy to buy hinges etc. No clue when I’ll have some spare time to actually execute it but just wanted to check it’s not opposed and I will get whats needed and aim to to fit it in some time this month.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t think you need to. What she has is pretty much a set up for if you don’t have access to a printing table, in ours you should be able to clamp in a screen and lift it up out of the way when you’re positioning etc, with the added bonus of suction from the pump to stop things moving.

Happy to lend a hand as I’d like to try it in the space (haven’t before)

2 Likes

Ok, so textile techs not into the idea?

The suction table personally I find a faff, there is usually a mountain of stuff on, I have to lift that heavy door then fit the screen etc etc.

A clamping system would also just allow more room to screen print in addition to the table and could allow for a nice production line if doing multi colors and actually probably easier to use.

I said this exact thing the other day. The vacuum table takes up a huge amount of space and is frankly never used. Clamps would achieve the same kind of thing and free up space.

Oh, I’m not suggesting get rid. I personally just don’t like using it and think a small screen printing station that allows multi use of the bar top wouldn’t hurt.

Neither am I was an observation

1 Like

I’m really trying to sort this out currently. I joined the space mainly to use that table and it’s annoying that it’s just there but pretty much impossible to get at.

3 Likes

I haven’t been around lately, but if you name a day after the 7th happy to help clear and re-organise area. I saw another member also offer their assistance.

It would be great for the atea to be treated the same as other areas in the space. So we can see more printing in this area.

2 Likes

What is your guys opinion on the big glass table? I am obviously trying to get the metal area up and running the coming months and feel that this is taking up a lot of space, especially if we take on the extra laser cutter we are rapidly running out of room…

I moved the bandsaw and drill press out of the screen printing last night and got rid of the old saw so that gave you guys a usable area.

Hi Chanelle I was thinking of getting some of these ages ago but not to screw onto a bench but onto pieces of plywood so they can be used anywhere. We’ll probably get some.

2 Likes

Also up for this.

1 Like

There isn’t exactly much room as it is. We’re going to need at least some flat surface that isn’t the suction table to work on and the glass table does have wheels.

I’m coming in this week to try and put some order into the whole area, maybe we can meet and work out how much space we each need?

Hey @StudioNelle @iNerdier I will be at the space tomorrow, He last time I was in I cleaned the area which was very messy and unkept and know the space has been taking over again in order to clear the snug, fair enough. Our printing table is good enough to print as shown in this video above, good for textiles, paper and all sort of stencils, the vacuum works and it’s good for active a good registration but clamps can be purchased and we can add other printing areas. What we must need is a T-shirt printing table/or carrousel so we can optimise editions printing in which I found very difficult to di in the printing table.

Good one @Howard the clamps can be fitted on ply wood and then print t-shirts and etc.

The glass table is our printing/inking/drying area and has the wood cover so other people. An use as they whish. And it has wells so it would be places and moved as desired, laserchtusers also use this table.

Will you be there at about 5 on Sunday? I will be there and try to finally meet you!