Monday 27th August wood workshop Now OPEN!

Sorry but it is the only day we can do it.
the woodtechs will be in this Saturday to service and carry out repairs to the bandsaw, planer thicknesser and table saw.
Unfortunately the whole of the wood workshop will be out of bounds to all members for the whole day.

this includes the lathe, benches, chopsaw

apologies for the inconvenience .

5 Likes

Do you think on saturday I could I use the tormek in messy room to sharpen some hand tools? Happy to sharpen some woodshop chisels in the mix

Does this machine create dust, because a quick google suggests it does, and tools that make dust or fine particles must not be used in the messy workshop because they can damage the laser cutter and they affect the screen printing area.

not if it is used properly, not sure what you googled @unknowndomain (hate to think! :wink:)

but it is a wet sharpener the wheel is constantly in water so no dust

I’ll take that as a yes! Cheers : )

Haha thanks Mark, bolstering my rep.

Unfortunately this has taken a lot longer than expected and the workshop is likely to be out of action for the whole weekend

2 Likes

the planer thicknesser is no longer taking up all the space in the workshop (it has been put back together awaiting parts)

therefore the workshop can be used now .

I just ask that the first one in there gives it a vacuum as I am knackered and going home

Thanks

4 Likes

Nice work…and dedication!