Sat sewing basics cancelled - see direct email

Thanks! It’s in the diary.

Any room for another?

The date in the title is wrong. Is it being held Sat 12th?

Well spotted - yes its to be held on Sat. and yes room for another.

Superb Chanelle t
Please book me in looking forward to to learn from you.

1 Like

Sorry for being slow to confirm–my work was rather late with scheduling. But I’m definitely in if there’s still room for me (and will be around anyway). I’ll bring a fiver along for the materials.

1 Like

One of the sewing machines has gone into a coma tonight.

Session will go ahead as planned tomorrow from 12 but unfortunately i will have to substitute leather for alternative material as the Bernina is the only machine that will handle it.

We will still go through:

Threading
Problem solving
Threads
Feet
And final project to practice some skills.

Cheers

Chanelle

2 Likes

No worries, looking forward to it! Is the idea that we all do the same final project? Sunglasses case, was it?

So is it on, despite the thread title?

Nope, cancelled due to illness

Right. That’ll explain the empty space. Thanks

I’ve taken the broken drive belt to see if I can find a replacement. I will return it later today. @textilestechs

3 Likes

So they didn’t have the exact one but gave me a black rubber drive band which looks like it should work :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@textilestechs

Sent the receipt and your bank details to receipts@southlondonmakerspace.org and we’ll reimburse you

Amazing Sara - thank you!

I had left the samples I used ro test the machines a hand out draft for the session some zips and sewing sample cut-offs. But the test samples with my glasses seem to to be missing. Has someone one maybe borrowed or moved these. Many thanks

2 of these ghe 2nd was beige with red 70’s oversized glasses.

Cheers