Rough estimate on when I could join?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4b68ccdc0>

Hi

I joined this forums in 2016, wanting to join the makerspace. But at the time I had access to a garden shed where I could do my projects, so never really got round to joining.

Fast forward 5 years, I’m in a flat without a balcony and the walls between properties are super thin (so I’m reluctant to use any of my power tools in case it disturbs the neighbours). I really miss making stuff. I have some storage boxes that I really need to make for the flat. Progress is slow.

I put my application forward to join, the waitlist is supposed to be short but there’s no mention of ETA to join.

Any admins here know roughly when I could get approved and inducted?

2 Likes

Hi Abdul, the space was closed during the first lockdown and reopened on a very restricted booking system. These measures are slowly being relaxed,
I have tagged @directors so they can let you know

1 Like

Hi,
I also applied to join in early October time, was expecting around 1~month wait from the email communications, but that seems not to be the case!
Would just appreciate a very rough idea of when I might be able to join & when I need to start looking for material for a few projects!
Cheers, Jonathon
Edit ; just received a survey link to my email from the directors, so thank you very much for that.

1 Like

I’ve replied directly to Jonathan and Abdul

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m in a similar situation to Jonathan and Abdul, I originally applied in April.

It would be great to know how things are going.

Thanks,
Lydia

Hi @Lydia -

We are slowly opening up everything, starting to onboard new members etc… We have our first open evening this week on Wednesday if you want to stop by and check it out, have a chat, or Thursday for Electronics Night…?

Cheers,
Andy

1 Like

Thanks Andy.
I was excited to see the open day next week. Sadly I’m busy that week, but will try to come to the next one.

Thanks,
Lydia

2 Likes

Thank you @Dermot

Sorry was a bit slow to get the payment and everything handled. Have a few things going in right now.

Payment set up. Waiting for an open day for induction - sadly just missed today :frowning:

1 Like