Retro Gaming Night - Friday 8th September

I like this idea.
Maybe a list rather than a schedule? Final fantasy isn’t multiplayer, how would we play competitively on it?

We have a Wii u with unlimited games, and for the night I’m thinking we could potentially have up to 4 consoles all with multiplayer games running. Or we can have less consoles but still with multiplayer games running. We have enough controllers to add to any system there, so if someone doesn’t have enough controllers then we can bring extras.

1 Like

Our consoles and controllers are all set up at home, working, and with a frame meister :laughing:

4 Likes

Dunno. Never played it. My bad :blush:

But we only have one TV? Explain :blush::blush:

Awesome!!!

1 Like

Looks like you guys are ready to go :blush::blush::blush::blush::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

I’ve got 2 scart to hdmi adapter and the TV have a scart input so we can technically set up 3 systems , we got 2 additional LCD monitor we can bring

(Were scart Is analog input for the old consoles , included the yellow connector called composite)

Need one of these

For All the consoles! Also @emuboy does your dreamcast have VGA out?

If you want to competitive-ise single player games, you could try speed runs from a save game, fastest wins.

1 Like

Yes , the dreamcast Is VGA :slight_smile:

The OSSC Is cool but don’t take the svideo for the commodore 64 , that’s why I opted for na Xrgb mini Framemaister

Oh snap, looks like I should have not thrown away that that ZX Spectrum after all…

1 Like

You shouldn’t.

Old system are getting princely

Little bump to make sure this is still all systems go and to see if anyone wishes to collate a list of systems & games we have available to try and eek out some sort of running order? Won’t be back from hols until 28th Aug. Will get the N64 out and make sure it’s still playing ball.

good bump. Was thinking to do that last night :laughing:

What about a wiki? With names and what you’re bringing?

Are we going to have a schedule or just leave it more open ended?

Personally I think a bit of structure could make it more fun and less what are we gonna do now?

Any thoughts?

I’m thinking this event would probably just be the first of many so no need to bring every game we ever owned.

I’m sure there was a post for this in events???

no one have a giant CRT around, isn’t it? Would be great for the N64.

I will bring some games with me and probably my Framemeister .

BTW, this is what a £400 upscaler can do with the right settings and a Playstation game:

1 Like

I am in AWE of the framemeister.

What magic does it do that a regular upscaler doesn’t do to make the retro experience so exquisite?

Agree about the schedule. Would make it less chaotic and stop any disagreements about what to play etc.

Mostly linear scaling and analog frequency filtering and a lot of dedication :wink:

Gentle bump here. Only a few days to go. Who’s bringing what?

Me and @SRLC are bringing an N64 with 3 controllers, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye and a few other games.

Need someone else to bring at least 1 other N64 controller please.

Who else is bringing what?

When is it? I got a PS2 with a few game that I can bring over. Not as retro but still :slight_smile:

1 Like

This Friday!!
Can you make it? Hope so!

Just got back to Blighty!
Do we have a plan?