Research project on makers - help please :)

Hi all! I’m Ozum. I am a member since January. As some of you know, I am doing a MRes/PhD at UCL School of Management- Organizations and Innovation. In my research, I am broadly interested in creativity and experience of creative workers. Having met many enthusiastic makers and creators in this community inspired me to conduct a research on maker culture and makerspaces for my first year project, which I need to hand in in 2 months :persevere:. I have already discussed my research interest with some of you (@cibelesoaresalvareng , @Dermot, @SquareFeet ). Thanks to their encouragement, I am posting the details to see if you would be interested in helping me.

I assume that being a member of this community, you all like making and interested in talking about it :wink:. I would be delighted to speak with you about your experiences as a maker and with makerspace. I would like to hear the stories about how you became a member, the projects you are working on, the things you have learned in makerspace etc. Please let me know if you are free to talk with me. I expect the interviews to take around 30mins to 1 hour depending on how talkative you are :smile:. I am quite flexible in the following 3-4 weeks. Just drop a message when you are available.

As a part of the project, I also need to explain what is unique/interesting/valuable about making and makerspaces? I would really appreciate your thoughts and comments on this issue. Even if you don’t have time to talk with me in person, could you drop a few lines about what bring you to the makerspace, and what is the importance of making/makerspace to you?

I really appreciate your help :pray:.

Please let me know if you want to hear more details about the project.

Ozum

1 Like

Hey @ozumcan, I’d be happy to have a chat. Are you around on Sat 28th at about 1pm? I’m hopefully attending the L1 Lathe induction at 11am, so should be finished around 1pm or shortly after.

If not, I’ve got some spare time over the next week or two.

1 Like

Thank you Luke :slight_smile:. Sure, it sounds good to me. See you on Saturday!

Hi @ozumcan, I should be in the space this Saturday afternoon. Will confirm soon.

1 Like

Very good project @ozumcan I am happy to help on what you need. See you soon!