Red wine, late nights and ebay should not be mixed

Hello there,
I am Ren, a festival trader and now proud owner of a partly converted 1960’s Rice horse trailer.

While my skills are limited i have a friend who has offered to advise / help me with my project and I am really please to have found this community / space.

Thankfully all of the major work has been completed and just leaves me to fit the inside.
I hope to pop down today to see if this will be possible or if the project is too large.

Also happy to feed people, if this sways anyone…

Hi Ren,

We certainly don’t have the space to park a horse trailer anywhere I’m afraid, but making bits at SLMS and taking them away to be fitted might be an option. Or perhaps you could turn up with the trailer, work on it and then take it away? Even day to day parking isn’t guaranteed though so this might not work either.

I’m not really in touch with London Hackspace in Tower Hamlets any more, but they have yard space and people have fitted out buses in their space, so there’s another possibility to look at.

I’m not sure given how tight it is in the estate that it would even be a good idea to try and bring a trailer in.

It would be a challenge, but fun!

You would have to do it in the small hours, the car park is small and full all the day

There was also this that Tom pointed out yesterday:

Hello,
thank you for the welcomes and replies…
Do not fear. I have storage for the trailer and had not planned on parking in the estate?

I did think maybe late night sessions or make and take home may work but would like to speak further re: logistics

@RichM thanks for the heads up i will definitely check out Hackspace, Tower Hamlets. thankfully im not at bus stage yet :slight_smile:

@TomL thank you for the info, I am in no way connected to the motor trade and am not planning on respraying or repairing, just plain wood work. would this still apply?

Look forward to meeting you all. Could anyone suggest the best time to pop down and speak to someone?

Thanks again
Ren :slight_smile:

Wednesday night is open night

Thanks @joeatkins… looks like my next 2 evenings will be taken up with meeting 2 Hackspace communities.

V. excited… see you all soon