Recommendation required: cracks in my house!

Yes insurance immediately. It’s far too serious and potentially deadly or disastrous.

Just to be aware, a london house split into 2 flats had a basement enlargement which caused partial collapse and the building was condemned. Even top flat couldn’t get their stuff out. Too dangerous.

You could be living in a hotel if you don’t take action now.

It needs a structural engineer investigation at the very least

1 Like

Just be clear you are talking about a completely different situation, subsidence caused by sub base shrinkage, and collapse of building due to contractors carrying out inadequate underpinning ( only cause of collapse in basement conversion).

Yes , get in touch with insurers… nowhere near as drastic as @RobertL is saying!

Have any of the neighbours had similar symptoms?

Door warping only - not frame movement from what I can extract from them. My motion is seemingly on the inside wall of my house, not the parting ones.

They are in denial!

You sometimes get door expansion with heat and moisture.
But a number of doors will not “warp” they have movement also

Sorry to be alarmist. I’m just concerned that lack of action now could result in more serious consequences later

Just a completely unqualified thought!
Run a hose pipe over the ground at the front and the back of the house for half an hour morning and night on day one then 45 mins each day 2 etc. until swelling occurs, if symptoms persist call a surveyor.

No it will just move the stress .

Ita going to rain tomorrow.

Lime moter has shit loads of movement in it before it gose twang .just hope a mupet has not put to much cement in the building

Have you seen a geological map of your street?

That might help but might make ir worse