After eight months, very nearly finished.
I built a standing desk a couple of years ago to take advantage of a small space in my previously deskless room. The top was scrappy plywood - functional, but I always hoped to replace it.
These are recycled - they came out of a skip, were thicknessed, and cut in half on the tablesaw. They’re laminated, meaning that cutting them open is pot luck: you mught get trash, you might find a really nice figure.
After a slightly botched joining process and a good deal of sanding, I filled the holes with an epoxy resin and sanded flush. I did the final sanding at the weekend and finally took it home for a test fit and oiling. Next step is going to be polishing.
As with every project, I learned an awful lot and have a mental list of stuff to do better next time…