Reclaimed flooring panel

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa499bf6770>

CNC room door opening is 240cm high * 211cm wide

Router sled looks like it has a cutting width of just under 80cm, with rails 240cm long (take off maybe 40cm of effective cutting length due to how it attaches to the rails)

1 Like

thanks!

so for the router table… can the job be done rotating the piece in 2 steps?

Make sure dust extraction is in place if you use the router sled and everyone in the space at the time must wear masks.

Big Cnc is not to be used until the doors are on it

1 Like

@federico I’m not sure what you mean about two steps. If the width of the sled is 80cm I’m not sure I can use it for the 115cmx115cm panel unless the sled can be lifted so it stands onto the panel. But then again, I’m not sure how to route the areas where the rails sit on the panel. I definitely need to visit space and have a look at the sled.

The adhesive on that looks like it might be cement based please don’t put that anywhere near the tools in the wood shop and it would also probably right off the bearings in the CNC.
Chip off the worst of it with an old chisel, you can do that bit in the wood shop as long as you clean up because it’s being lumps then
A diamond disc from Toolstation cost 3 quid for an angle grinder, go outside and use that to clean the bulk of it off then use a cup brush again on the end of an angle grinder to clean up the remainder then you can stick the tiles back down.

Please don’t do any of this in the woodshop that dust is very abrasive and will destroy the bearings on tools.

If you catch me in the space ask me nicely I will give you a disc and show you how to do it.

1 Like

Hi @joeatkin2 Jo, I have multi tool at home and I intended to do the most of the job and scraping the screedboard and glue out of the panels at home. I’ll come to space with the panels once cleaned. Cheers.

2 Likes

Did you end up using the router sled? I have a 120*50 live edge, uneven surface to plane (too big for the planer) but never used in or seen the router sled…anyone?

The big CNC is now operational and could be used for that. The varnish looks substantial there so can’t speak to that if this is a concern. Is the underside plane?

1 Like

The underside is the same minus a layer of varnish. So your suggestion is CNC rather than router sled? Thank you!

What type of wood is it? If not toxic and there is a way to clamp it down, it can go under the cnc

Sorry, I missed this. The answer is, I don’t know what kind of wood it is. I’ll bring it in and try to query the collective intelligence unless anyone can identify on the pictures?

1 Like

I actually brought it in yesterday and left it with a name tag through the door next to the laser cutter to the left. If anyone could take a look and suggest a way to plane them (CNC, Router sled,…) - any advice is appreciated!
I know there still is one screw to remove before anything