Publicity material and T-shirts

Aww, thanks.

Hi guys, sorry I’ve not been active on here for a while, I’m in full time kid wrangling mode for the Easter holidays.

I’m going to the art shop in Csmberwell today so could see if they have fixings for the backs of the badges? Let me know if you need anything else.

If they have something in the range of 3, 4, 5mm diameter white plastic tube that will plastic weld to acrylic, that would be interesting.

Here with @JackieO and @Ana_Nieto and we’ve hatched a plan for 1" badges. Looking at the flyer Jackie did, we could build up a set of icons for all the Makerspace-y things, and have the ‘M’ badge you’d expect… and a lot of activity ones too. Earn your badges with inductions… now I’ve made it like scouts.

So what are the activities we’d like to represent?

• Sewing
  • Carpentry
  • Electronics
  • Coding
  • Printing
  • Repairing
  • Drinking Tea
  • ??

The flyer text probably has a list already, and a quick search of the main makerspace website and discourse should come up with things we should get icons for.

Aaaaand @JackieO is going to hand over the flyer copy + concept to @Ana_Nieto to have a graphic-at.

1 Like

How’d it go last night?

I have a in-progress lanyard badge project in prototype pieces on the table. I’ll finish Sat morning – I’ll try do what I can to help prepare, but will have to get back to family for lunch (Sat is only day off this week).

1 Like

Saw them last night.

Looking good!

They’re not looking quite as good as I thought they would, as-is now. The perspex is too thick so the white ‘M’ doesn’t punch through as it should (eg. the ruler gradations hide the white too easily). I dicked about with different offsets to account for this, but nothing was quite right. So I need to friction-fit a white ‘M’ into the red sheet. It’ll look good… but means I didn’t get to finish, or anything near. (Note to self: finished is better than perfect. One day I’ll learn).

I left the gradations off when I cut the M-snowflake for exactly that reason.

A little late at replying, however added to Geek Out, twetted and facebooked… (If that’s the correct term).

I will dig out the twitter printer, blow off the dust and hopefully it works. Maybe I could make a case for the whole thing in the makerspace tomorrow… Is there a shop near by where I can get wood for the laser cutter??

Last push @marketing ? a FB update? ( The event at Machines Room is sold out so they tweeted about us yesterday)

We can do all the Tweeting from the space with photos

Doing FB update now. Just to check - It’s free right?

Yes